Friday, May 26, 2006

What Would You Do?

The funeral is on Monday and at first I didn't think bringing the boys would be a good idea. They're children, after all, and maybe I'm being selfish, but it's going to be a hard enough day without trying to keep everyone clean, behaving, and polite. Did I mention I have boys? Husband thinks his mom wants them there, even though she said it didn't matter. Husband thinks that if it really didn't matter she would have said They don't need to come. Instead, she said Whatever you think. In January 2005, Husband's Grandfather passed away and we took the boys because CJ and Great Grandpa were pals. I'm not sure that was a good idea. CJ was really upset by it for a long time afterwards and I don't want the same thing to happen again this time. I also don't want Mother-in-Law to be mad at us...me...us. We don't have a typical in-law relationship, I'm actually closer to her than my own mother. Not that I don't get along with my mother, but Lola and I often joke If it's not one thing, it's your Mother. And part of me doesn't want to bring them because when CJ found out that Auntie had died, he said Yes! My 2nd funeral! You really have to know the child, but that's exactly what I don't want said as the service is starting. So help me out here...what should I do?

Quote of Day: She looks so normal until she opens her mouth and starts talking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a hard call...it's such a touchy subject, you've seen how they have been before at a funeral and how it has affected them after...I know your mother-in-law wants them there, but kids can get affected by things like this, where as adults we know how to cope (sometimes) to situations....in the end there will be a lot of people around and your mother-in-law will draw her strength from them.......and I would like to say "Sorry for your Loss"

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Thanks so much for your kind words.