Thursday, May 11, 2006

Rain in the Forecast

It's supposed to rain for the next 4 or 5 days and don't tell anybody, but I'm very happy about that. For one thing, I might actually get to see Husband for longer than 5 minutes a day (sleeping doesn't count because, well, we're sleeping) and we are supposed to pick up the puppy tonight or tomorrow morning. And I've booked myself to help out at the boys Track & Field tomorrow at school. Which of course if it's raining, will be postponed. I really feel bad about picking up the puppy and then leaving it home alone all day. I told Husband it would be so much more convenient for me if it were to rain tomorrow. So the boys still don't know about the puppy yet; they are going to freak! And we've got to go buy a kennel, a leash, food, clean up the old dog house, find some old blankets, find a ticky-tock clock to keep the puppy company tonight, otherwise she'll end up sleeping with us...nothing like leaving things until the last minute.

On Saturday we are supposed to go to London for a reunion of sorts of low birthweight babies that were born the year TJ was. Here are some pictures of TJ in the NICU. He was 4 weeks old already and weiged 680 grams (1.5 lbs). His birthweight was 734 grams (1 pound 10 ounces); his lowest weight was 500 grams, so it took him a little while to start to gain his weight back. He still is a skinny kid, topping the scales at 35 pounds on a good day. I have mixed emotions about going. We won't know anybody except the nurses, and even those we have trouble rememering, except of course TJ's primary nurse. I really hope she'll be there. In the NICU we weren't allowed to look at anybody else's baby for privacy reasons and we didn't have time to meet any other parents because we were busy visiting with our own baby. Actually TJ was the smallest baby they had there in quite awhile. It was just a very lonely time. So part of me doesn't want to go, and a part of me does want to go to show TJ off. He's done amazingly well and I think it would be an encouragement for the staff to see him now. I just need to find his glasses before Saturday!


2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow - I call that a miracle!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

He certainly is =)