Friday, May 12, 2006

It's Puppy Time!

CJ and I went and picked out the puppy last night; he burst into tears when I told him where we were going because he thought that meant we'd have to get rid of Buddy, our JRT. I assured him we were keeping Buddy and CJ felt much better. Although I don't think Husband would be disappointed at all if said JRT were to find a new home...those two don't always get along - they are always in competition for being Head Dog so to speak...makes for some interesting moments, especially when Buddy runs under our bed and snarls and snaps at anything that comes near him. He usually only does that with Husband, but it still isn't acceptable behaviour.

So the puppy arrived last night. I tell you, I've never been snubbed by a dog before. People yes, dogs no, so this was a new experience for me. When we watch TV in the evenings, Buddy always comes and sleeps beside me on the couch. Well last night we had Little Puppy on the couch with us. Buddy would jump up and look at her and then jump off again. He was really quite put out. And was even treated like a dog at one point when we had to put him in his crate for snapping at Little Puppy. He spent most of the evening sitting with his back to us staring at the wall. It was rather comical.

This morning Buddy's a bit better with Little Puppy but still rather territorial of me. And a little growly towards Little Puppy. If you have any suggestions for names, leave them in the comments section please because Little Puppy is too long to keep typing. CJ wants to call her Princess, but Husband doesn't like that name. Oh, and Track & Field was postponed until next Friday, so I get to stay home and play all day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please post a picture so we can see the "Little Puppy" that way we could suggest names easier

Lola said...

Whenever we got a new puppy I was always partial to "Puddles" for the first while.
I've been told when picking out dog names it is best to keep it to two syllables. So my suggestion is "Buela". Or if you don't like that one perhaps you would like "Wilma". After all you don't want a name that is common because perhaps you will someday meet someone with the same name as your dog.