Saturday, July 08, 2006

A TJ Funny

Since school is out there isn't the need for me to arise before the sun, so I usually have a leisurely morning in bed until about 7:15 when TJ joins me. He's my snuggle-buddy. The other morning when Husband brought me my coffee he asked TJ is he needed a coffee too. Teej said he did, so Husband brought him a small glass of milk. And TJ and I sat in bed drinking our morning brew. It was very nice. The next morning, Husband brought both TJ and me another morning brew. It was very sweet. Friday morning, TJ was asleep in our bed when Husband brought the brew, so I went out to the kitchen with my java. About a half hour after TJ got up, he looked at me and said...in a very demanding little voice...Where's my coffee! Cracked me up, I tell you. So I found his milk and watched as he gulped it down. This morning, I was still in bed because I'm sick with Husband's cold, so TJ after his morning snuggle, went and found Husband and said, Where's my coffee, eh?! Humorous as it was, he didn't get any milk. TJ is quite the character.

So I'm sick. Not with bronchitis like Husband ended up getting, but with a head cold. I'm sneezing and dripping and aching...and we're supposed to go to a family picnic this afternoon. Husband keeps telling me I'm too sick to go - there will be babies and old people and I shouldn't spread my germs, but that's because he just doesn't want to go (my side of the family - there are some wackos)...we'll see what happens...stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are some wackos on YOUR side of the family? I guess you are just trying to be nice to the other side of the family because you know they read this. I hope you are feeling better. It is one of those kind of rainy stormy days that you just feel like staying in bed all day. I hope TJ takes good care of you. He would make a good doctor.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

The OTHER side of the family I'm not directly genetically linked to, so I just laugh at everyone else's quirkiness...MY side makes me fearful...

Anonymous said...

Really it is your kids you should fear for...they get the genes from both sides! They have no hope!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

The poor, poor children. Husband, at least once a week looks at me and says, you really want to bring an innocent, little girl into all of this??? Poor, poor Thumbelina.