Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wacky Weather

I was going to do a Pictorial Essay of Yesterday's Weather for you because the sky was a really pretty dark gray/blue colour and the clouds were kinda cool looking, but blogger isn't cooperating. So you'll just have to close your eyes and visualize it in type-written form. I'm sure you could do both - close your eyes and read - if you tried hard enough.

It stormed. The end.

Actually there were tornado warnings out and Husband called me to turn off the computers...so I was forced to do some scrapbooking. I wasn't able to find a sitter for the boys yesterday to enjoy the much anticipated Ladies Tea and I was half-thinking that maybe AJ could babysit for me...except when I asked him he said no and when I mentioned it to CJ he started screaming and crying no. Apparently AJ is mean. And then when the tornado warning came out, I just couldn't leave my babies. I was watching the weather network yesterday to see when the storm would pass, and someone had sent in some video from the town 5 minutes to my left (or west depending on which direction I'm standing) and the clouds were doing some kooky things. And there was unconfirmed tornadic activity in the town 40 minutes to my north. And ya know what? We're in for some more this afternoon! Except I don't think we have enough humidity in the air for tornados. But what do I know - I haven't even been outside yet today.

So Muther called me this morning to get some measurements of AJ - his birthday is coming up - and she said she'd be Eternally Grateful. I kind of chuckled (come one - Eternally Grateful??) and she said Someone had to make me laugh - I'm too serious. Me? Serious? We've just been under a teensy bit of stress here in Crazyville for the last little while and we (Husband and I) haven't had a decent nights sleep in months. And it's wearing on us. Muther has been off work since April and I can count on one finger the times she's come over to visit. I work full-time so I'm not able to just pick up and go, especially with kids in tow, especially with my kids who obviously aren't well-behaved...oooh now I'm ranting...anyway, this isn't your problem. It just kind of bugged me because I don't feel like she knows who I really am even though she thinks she does. Actually, if she knew who I really am she would run away screaming...bwahahahahahaha...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey any ideas for the upcoming birthday boy would be much appreciated. He is getting to be at a really tough age to buy for.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

He is also getting to be a really tough age to be around...he's outside cutting grass and a little while ago he stopped what he's doing and came in the house. So I said, "What do you need?" He ignored me - IGNORED me - until I yelled to him "What do you need?". His mumbled response was a drink of water. I asked him why he couldn't have told me that the first time I asked him. It makes me wants to stick chopsticks in my ears until they come out the other end.

Birthday ideas - who knows! He's asked for a gameboy ds or something like that - it has a bigger screen and a pen thingy and it works with the games we already have - so maybe a gameboy game if you can find a cheap one. Or something NASCAR. Or Jeff Gordon. Or Toronto Maple Leafs. He likes logo clothes. And sports things.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for some reason my other post put me as anon even though I specified who I was. Funny, he was really cooperative at our house. Even when AB took him shopping at loblaws he had too many items so he told AJ that he would have to claim 4 of them so they wouldn't get in trouble and AJ said he didn't bring his wallet. Does that mean he would have paid for it if he had his wallet??? Speaking of wallets, is he still too young to just give him money for his birthday?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

He's cooperative with you guys because he still thinks you're cool. I'm Mom and I've lost all coolness he ever perceived I had. I had thought of money or a gift card but that would mean I'd need to take him shopping and then I'd just have to leave him there...but it's up to your discretion.