Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Apocolypse

Have you heard that today is the End of the World as we know it? It's 6-6-06. Ooooo. Actually you know what's weird about today? It's the 6th anniversary of my Dad's death - 6-6-6-06. If you add the numbers up - 6+6+6+6 - you get 24. 2+4=6. If you multiply the numbers - 6x6x6x6 - you get 1,296. Multiply it again 1x2x9x6 = 108. And again 1x0x8 = 0. Nothingness. Freaky. If you add 1+2+9+6 = 18; 1+8 = 9 which is an upsidedown 6. What does it all mean? Actually I could care less, it's just a bunch of numbers. I'm just trying to mess with your mind. Oh, you know what else? My Dad died on a Tuesday as well. Except it was raining. Today is sunny. I think it should be raining.

So I was telling Husband last night the significance of today and it being an Apocolpytic day and he said Hun, everyday around here is the Apocolypse. So true. So true. This morning's Apocolypse had to do with child #1. We weren't getting along, I won't bore you with the details, but he went to his room and stayed there. When it was time to go to school I called to him, twice, I noticed his lunch was not packed up, nor were his books and band instrument. So I left without him. I talked to his teacher and explained the situation and she was almost giddy about it. Said she almost did the same thing this morning. I almost said I'm glad I could make your day but I didn't. So AJ called me on my cell phone and asked if I could take him to school. I told him I could. He asked why I left without him and I told him. He said he didn't hear me call him. I reminded him that he has 3 watches and 4 clocks in his bedroom so he knew what time it was and knew we needed to leave and I actually left 10 minutes later than I normally do. He's just a pre-teen, what's he going to be like when he's a teen-teen?

I guess it's normal in the parenting scheme of things to know you're doing the right thing, but it still feels awful to have to discipline and then you second-guess yourself. Maybe it's just me, maybe other parents out there are strong, but my kids can really get to me and I often almost change my mind on things. Almost.

No comments: