Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Fun Never Ends

So you remember how this morning one of the childs was mad at me? His initial punishment (before being left behind) was that he missed out on Hot Dog & Hamburg Day tomorrow at school. I was feeling kind of bad about it, so after school I went to the school office and asked if I could just buy the boys freezies and a drink. The secretary looked at me funny and said But I already have your order. I said No you don't because I didn't send one in. Turns out that while I was driving the two other childs into school, the first child filled out the order form and got money from his own wallet and handed it in at school today. After he knew nobody was going to get anything. My reasoning was because CJ goes nutso on the chemicals that are in hotdogs and he doesn't like hamburgs enough and didn't want one. TJ is sensitive to gluten and had some tummy troubles this morning, so he certainly didn't need any bread products. Sounds reasonable, right? I thought so too. So that's problem #1.

Problem #2 - after my voice lesson I was walking out of the school with my student and saw one of CJ's classmates wearing his hockey jersey that he brought from home (Carolina Hurricanes - they're in the playoffs - Did you hear about Dwayne Roloson? blew his knee out and may need surgery - he's from my home town and all the stores have Keep on Rollin' Roly in their windows - big deal around here) so I thought Isn't that nice of CJ to share his jersey. Not so, my friends, not so. He traded it for 25 hockey cards. I said Nuh-uh! The kids mom was there and she didn't think it was a trade I would go for, so the boys un-traded. Which brings us to...

Problem #3 - CJ was mad all the way to the van and threw the side door open with all his might...repeatedly...and now it won't close. Pastor was driving through the parking lot and saw me struggle so he stopped to helped, even went and got a screwdriver hoping to pop the door back onto the tracks but to no avail. So I drove home - the speed limit even - with door open about 3 inches. That baby ain't movin' anywhere! And Husband is a couple of hours away but he is on his way home. I was just talking to him and he wanted to know all about my troubles, so I told him. He said Just a minute and let me check what number I dialed. I so wanted to bang the receiver on my desk a bunch of times.

So now I'm completely defeated. If this was somebody else's life it would be funny, so go ahead and laugh, I won't be upset at you. But could you please stop this ride so that I can get off? I'm not having fun anymore. I told you every day was the Apocolypse around here. Stay tuned, I'm sure there'll be more...

*******

I forgot all about this until a few minutes ago. Child #1's lunch fell out of his lunchpail. Don't ask me how but everything was on the van floor, unbeknownst to me, except for his sandwich and cheese string. Meaning his yogurt was in the stifling hot van all day long. And somebody stepped on it. Kinda looks like the Pillsbury-doh-Boy puked all over the floor. Except it smells a lot nicer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds a little like the movie "Cheaper by the Dozen" where the kids formulate a plan and work together to drive someone crazy (I guess you are playing the role of the person about to go insane?).

I found it interesting that AJ is now referred to as Child #1, while the other two are still CJ and TJ. I never took Psychology, but I'm sure this could mean something. I'm thinking either you are so upset that you forgot his name, or, you are at the breaking point with him and he is about to incur the Wrath of JAJ. I suspect the latter in which case perhaps I be calling him with a warning to lay low for a while???

Umm, as a work of encouragment, at least you aren't bored right?

P.S. Did Child #1 get his hot dog?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

It's a new day and we had a relatively uneventful morning. AJ is having a cheese, lettuce and mayo sandwich today. He didn't argue at all when I told him I cancelled his hot dog order so I guess he was expecting it.