Friday, June 23, 2006

Pictures

I haven't posted pictures in a while, so I thought we'd do a show-and-tell today.


Molly is really growing. She's a wonderful dog except for the peeing part. How long, again, does it take to house-train a puppy? I'm just really glad we have tile and hardwood everywhere. She's not allowed anywhere there's carpet until she's fully house-trained.




Yesterday we had the taps installed so now we are able to actually use the sink in the downstairs bathroom instead of just admiring it. On Monday the fellow is supposed to come and put the knobs on and just finish everything up. Isn't it swell? And don't ask me why TJ wanted to sit on the throne with Buzz for a picture...



I bought this little beauty the other day for Thumbelina's room. It's actually a clothes hamper but I thought it would be fun for toys and stuffed animals. Her room is going to be lavender and green but I haven't found any bedding sets that I love. And I don't really want crib bedding because she'll outgrow the crib quickly. So I do have fabric with green and lavender, and I'm thinking I'll just make valences for her bedroom windows. My SIL, Sylvie, suggested that we make a rag quilt for her bed. Love the idea, just haven't put it into motion yet. For an accent colour I think I'll do yellow. I'm not a big fan of yellow but when it is next to purple it looks so nice. AND I bought a picture of a yellow rose from the Love Without Boundaries auction - it is so gorgeous. The picture was actually taken in Henan, China...wouldn't it be so cool if that's where Thumbelina is from? Anyway it will look awesome in her room.

3 comments:

Just Us Girls said...

Beautiful dog! What a cute face...

I love the color of the clothes hamper and what a great idea to put toys and things in it.

I bet the room will be beautiful when you are done. I love the colors Lilac and Green!

Just Us Girls said...

Sorry! I meant "lavender" LOL!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Lilac ~ Lavender ~ same thing right? Thanks for your nice comments!