Monday, June 05, 2006

Goin' to Crazyville

and I'm already there. It was a short trip. Husband is out of town for the evening meeting with our new bankers. We have a little building project underway and our current bank, whom we've been extremely good customers with for the past 30+ years, has decided they didn't like our project enough to loan us the money. So we are taking our business elsewhere. That leaves me home alone with the rest of the crazies. Oh sweet internet, my solace, my friend. The children are doing their darndest to make me forget that I'm supposed to be in charge. They are running around like maniacs, laughing evilly. Bedtime, please come soon and envelope me in your quietness...until the first maniac gets up and needs a drink...and then the next maniac will get up to go to the washroom...and the first maniac will get up to ask me to wake him in the morning...and the 3rd maniac will get up and by this time I'll be at my wits end...poor little maniac always gets the brunt of it. Do you know if wits have ends? Something to ponder about while I wait for the men in white jackets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can picture the evening very well! As for being at your "wit's end", it's not as bad as you think. I figure the closer you are to being at your "wit's middle", the closer you are to being a "half-wit". So it's probably better to stay at or near the end. I'm not sure exactly where on the "wit" scale normal falls, but if you ever make it there, you will find me.

Hope you ended up having some relaxation last night.

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of a joke.
New Answering Service Installed at Mental Health Institutes

"Hello, and welcome to the mental health hotline.

If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.

If you are codependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.

If you have multiple personalities, press 3,4,5, and 6.

If you are paranoid, we know who you are and what you want. Stay on the line so we can trace your call.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a small voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are manic depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press, no one will answer.

If you have short-term memory loss, press 9. If you have short term memory loss, press 9. If you have short term memory loss, press 9. If you have short term memory loss, press 9.

If you have low self esteem, please hang up. All our operators are too busy to talk to you."

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»