Thursday, June 15, 2006

Last Day

Today is the last day of school. Yay! I can relax for the summer - the pressure will be off to make sure everybody is clean and wearing clothes that match and are on the right way...some of the children wear clothing backwards or inside out, or even backwards and inside out. No lunches to worry about and no homework to stress over! Homework is a huge load of stress here. I love summertime.

TJ's class is having a party - his teacher bought some sort of pizza pop things - she called me the other night to see how many he would eat and I didn't really know what she was talking about. My kids don't ever get treats like that. I just wonder what people must think of us. CJ's and AJ's class are both having a lunch exchange. They've filled out a menu with a couple of different choices of food they'd like to have, and then exchanged it with other kids in their class. CJ ended up getting a girls lunch to make...the same girl he's had a crush on the for the last year or two. So of course, being the sensitive creature that he is, upon finding out he picked Girl with the Long Hair immediately collapsed to the floor screaming No! No! Why me? I had to go the grocery store last night to buy such things as white bread, cookies and chips, and fruit rollups. I refused to buy pop. Children do not need pop to drink. Especially for lunch on a school day. So CJ was packing Girl with the Long Hair's lunch last night and he wanted to make it extra special. Because Mrs. K. said to make is special. And he wanted to make Mrs. K. happy. So what does he do but pack a whole row plus two (cookies not rows) of oreos. And he put in two bags of chips, two fruit roll-ups and a package of popcorn. Needless to say I did some purging of the lunch bag before I sent him on his way. And he wrote messages all over the lunchbag to GwtLH - Danger. Don't open. Stay away. Sigh. Romantic like his father.

AJ had to make a lunch for a boy. The menu request for Tivo was a Pizza Sub or Peanut Butter sandwich. He got peanut butter. AJ made it and said I'm putting a lot of peanut butter on. I hope his mouth gets glued shut. But he meant it in a nice way I'm sure. And Tivo's lunch bag had little messages written on it as well - This is not edible. Kids and their sense of humor.

So all is quiet for the next 2 1/2 hours. Let the fun begin! And pass the earplugs please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read that CJ screamed "No, No, why me?", I couldn't help but wonder what the poor girl was screaming once she found out that CJ was making her lunch. Don't get me wrong, CJ's my nephew and I love him and all, but I don't think I would be brave enough to actually eat a meal that he has prepared for me - especially if I did not watch him prepare it.

Congrats on your last day of school. Enjoy your summer off!!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Poor girl, I don't think she was all that thrilled about it. I made the actual sandwich, so CJ only touched pre-packaged food. She should be safe!

Richmond said...

Ahhhh summertime. I love the relaxed schedule as well... :)