Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day Success

I was a little nervous about my Father's Day gift for Step-Dad, not knowing his tastes and sense of humor all that well, but he really liked his gift. His favourite glass was the one that says No you can't have a sip. He said it would be good to use around Muther.

AJ made Husband coffee in bed. He was very excited about it all (AJ that is...Husband was just relieved that it tasted okay). We gave Husband a pencil holder that has 3 slots for pictures and I even found nice pictures of the boys to insert in. CJ is always covered in dirt or making faces when I take his picture so finding decent pictures can be a bit of a challenge. Boys.

We had a BBQ on Saturday with Husband's family and as I'm sitting on the couch looking through the Sears catalogue, Husband's grandmother says to me Don't you think your brother-in-law looks like Taylor? I do. Yes Grandma, I think he does. I'm starting to wonder if I should be asking for his autograph or something. Oooo, we could get her an autographed picture of him for her birthday! A nice black and white head shot.

Last night I didn't sleep very well so I'm really kind of sluggish today. The night before I had a dream about Thumbelina, and so last night I think I was trying too hard to dream about her again. Didn't work. And seeing how there's no school today because the boys are finished, and I work at home, I'm forever chasing boys and their toys out of my office. And CJ keeps coming to check on my coffee progress because I've promised him I'll play a game of Nintendo with him when I'm finished my coffee. And no, I'm not purposely trying to make my coffee last longer. It just tastes really good and needs to be savoured. And so starts our summer vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I laughed when I read about the black and white head shot! Good one! I do think Taylor’s hair is a little thicker than your brother in laws but I do have to say the eye brows are very similar. CJ cracked me up when he asked to have laser eye surgery. He also asked the same brother in law how he got his muscles so big. I have to say after family get togethers it is hard to get AB’s ego back to normal size. Between a certain 86 year old going on and on about he looks like Taylor and a certain nephew asking him how to get muscles like him there is no living with him.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I need another coffee because I didn't even mean that comment as a joke! I was thinking that all the famous people have black and white head shots...anyway I hope AB's ego is back to normal size soon.