Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's Not Going to Work

You remember I was telling you about my shelf-cabinet thingy that I wanted to put a crackle finish on? It isn't going to work because it was painted with oil paint instead of latex. So now I have this crackle kit and I'm looking around my house wondering what I could crackle...


My helper:


So just imagine that against a green wall - almost sageyish - and picture chicken wire where the plastic windows are and picture my collection of chickens on it.

Here is what our bathroom looks like thus far:



Isn't it grand??? I'm wishing it was our main bathroom. I'm thinking the sink and countertop won't be here until Monday or Tuesday - it is going to be white - solid surface - yes, I have expensive taste.

Today I have a pile of bookwork to do. Our year end for the companies is approaching so I have to get caught up. The baby shower is on Saturday and I'm expecting about 20 people to come, so it should be fun. My 2 voice students have agreed to sing in a recital on Saturday, so I'm very proud of them and I know they'll sing great...and it's at the Nursing Home in town, so even if they blow it, most of the residents can't hear well enough to tell.

1 comment:

Richmond said...

The crack project sounds fabulous! Great pictures!