Monday, November 13, 2006

14 Fourteen 14

Fourteen - The number after 13 and before 15. The number of months our dossier has been logged in with the CCAA. I know I say this every month, but I think I will celebrate with chocolate. Or something. So without further ado, I present to you my list of 14 Actors That Irritate Me So Much I Can't Usually Stand to Watch Any of Their Movies: (In no particular order):

1. Jason Priestly - the 80's are over dude!
2. Pierce Brosnan - thinks too much of himself...at least that's what comes across to me through the screen
3. Kevin Costner - ugh. I only liked him in Dances With Wolves.
4. David Caruso - sorry Pauline!
5. Kevin Federline - grow up! I know technically he's not an actor, but he did have a guest spot on CSI a few weeks ago.
6. Will Ferrell - grow up! Although I did chuckle through Elf.
7. Henry Winkler - I grew up thinking you were The Fonz. And then to see you out of that role and as an ordinary person...I'm sorry but it just shattered my image of you and I can't look at you any other way.
8. Gary Sinease - please stop talking through your nose. It bugs me. And get some rest - the bags under your eyes look really bad.
9. Little Richard - you frighten me.
10. David Hasselhoff - you're middle-aged - please stop trying to act like The Fonz.
11. Stephen Seagal - is it just me, or does his voice really sound girly?
12. Samuel L. Jackson - again with the frightening. Although I did like him in Star Wars I or was it II? Or was it both?
13. Colin Farrell - I can't put my finger on what it is...I just don't like him.
14. Brandon Beemer - the new Shaun on DOOL. How could they change Shaun's like that? This new guy isn't even cute!

So.

Just so you don't all think I'm all about the negative, may I present to you my list of actors that I think are just positively yummy: (Again, in no particular order)

1. Matthew McConaughey
2. Harrison Ford
3. Mario Lopez
4. Denzel Washington
5. George Clooney
6. Anderson Cooper - I know he's not an actor, but this is my list and I can put whomover I want on it.
7. Tom Selleck
8. Curtis Stone
9. Dermot Mulroney
*10. Sean Connery

And that's all I got. Of course there are other actors out there that are nice looking, but if I see that these particular actors are in a movie, I will watch that movie just because they're in it. And normally Mel Gibson would be in my list, but I haven't decided if I can watch anymore of his movies, what with his anti-Semitic remarks and all.

So this is just my personal list. And maybe the people on my yucky list are really, really nice and just play lousy parts in movies, and maybe the people on my yummy list are actually creeps, but it is what it is. And please share your lists with me!

*Updated to add Sean Connery. Thanks Priscilla!

8 comments:

Priscilla said...

Sean Connery! Did you forget Sean Connery! You did didn't you?

What about Robert Redford and Paul Newman? I know they're old but in their day they were hot. And with enough makeup Bob still looks good.

I feel old now.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I totally forgot Sean Connery! I will update it right now!

Richmond said...

Great list! :)

Roses said...

I'd have to put Tom Cruise on my annoying list.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I have to agree with you Roses...there are so many annoying celebraties.

Rhonda said...

You forgot Hugh Laurie, too!

Congrats on #14, too :)

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I had to google Hugh Laurie - sorry, but we've never watched a full episode of House. I was shocked to see Dr. House is Stuart Little's Dad! What a switch of characters!

Rhonda said...

You should hear him with his British accent...*swoon*

Oh, and I agree with you about changing the character of Shawn, he's really...bad.