Thursday, November 16, 2006

Let's Talk Christmas

Christmas is in 40 days. Are you ready for it?

I love Christmas. I love the Christmas story and the Reason for the Season. I love Christmas commercials on TV. I love the Christmas specials - Frosty, Rudolph, Olive the Other Reindeer - I love the nostalgia of it all. I love the decorations and the twinkling lights. I love getting together with family (no, really!) and laughing and laughing. Husband's side of the family gets a little goofy when everyone is together. They like to laugh. As in egg nog coming out of your nose laugh.

I had an idea for our group picture this year. Husband thinks it's the stupidest thing he's ever heard of, but the boys are all for it. I thought it would be fun to buy everybody a set of ugly teeth and we could all pose for the picture wearing our ugly teeth. Except not the ones at this link because they're too expensive. But I did pick up a few pairs during the Halloween season. And I did find someone selling them on e-bay, except it was a box of 100 and what am I going to do with 100 ugly teeth that are all identical? So. Stupid idea like Husband thinks, or fun like the boys and I think?

Do you have any Christmas traditions that you enjoy? I'm always looking for new ideas. One thing that we started a few years ago, is instead of an advent calendar, I wrap up 24 Christmas books. Starting December 1, the boys take turns picking a book and unwrapping it and we all read it together.

So share, share, share all your ideas.

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Oh yes! You MUST do the ugly teeth pics, you must. I hope hubby will do it with you. Or you could have everyone but him do the ugly teeth and have hubby looking disgusting. Yeah?

We take a pic with Santa every year since the boys were born. They are 18, 20 and 23 and still enjoy doing it with us. Actually it's just them in the pic but still. Very fun day for us all.

Anonymous said...

Im overwhelmed and excited that Christmas is so near, but CANT BELIEVE that our Thanksgiving is next week. You Canadians have it right spacing out Thanskgivng and Christmas more!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Husband hate that our Thanksgiving is in October - he says it makes much more sense to have it in November when you're usually mostly finished with the fieldwork, rather than in October when your busy busy busy with it.

Anonymous said...

Can't we just do Santa hats or something relatively normal? We really don't need to try to be any more eccentric than we already are.
Although I would pay a lot of money to see you get your husband and my dad to wear the teeth for a picture.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Relatively Normal??? Are you kidding me??? Where's your Christmas Spirit?