Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Great One

So there's this older gentleman at church - retired professor who is very knowledgable in geology and has become Shaggy's 'Best Friend' since Shaggy is into rocks. 'Doc' has given Shaggy fossils and rocks that he's gotten from the North Country and is always giving me photocopies on the technical aspects of said rocks; half the words I can't even pronounce so I haven't passed the info on to Shaggy yet.

So one day Doc said to me, You know Wayne Gretzky? I can get his autograph for you if you'd like. I was a bit suprised, but who's going to turn down an autograph of the Great One, right? So I said, Sure, that'd be great! Apparently whenever The Great One is in the area, Doc goes to somebody's house who is a relative and leaves a list of people's names who would like autographs. If you knew Doc, you wouldn't be surprised at all.

A week ago, after the choir finished performing and we're all walking to our seats, I walked behind the back row of pews in church and there's Doc holding a manilla envelope out to me. So I took it. In it were more photocopies on rocks, of course, and 5 autographed pictures of The Great One. How cool is that?!?! So Husband and I have one, as do each of the boys and Millie & Fil. So totally awesome.



3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ok, that's just tres cool. :)

Anonymous said...

How come that never happens to us? We even went boating with the guy (Doc not Wayne) and he forgot his swimsuit yet he went in the water anyway (I will spare you the details) and we never got offered any autographs. Shaggy is very useful to have around!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Unfortunately I've heard the details...(My ears! My ears!)