Monday, November 20, 2006

Tigger-isms

Kids crack me up with their sense of humor. They can find the hilarious in the silliest of things. Last night, Tigger, Shaggy and I were coming home from church - Zoomer was at an afterglow and Husband was at work. Normally he doesn't work on a Sunday - just in the afternoon - but since the Bad Seed got fired, Husband has to cover all of his shifts. And Husband was going to have Roy and Mason cover the Bad Seeds shifts, but Roy didn't show up for his first day of work (Husband called Roy's wife at 7:10 because Roy was supposed to start at 7 am and his wife said that Roy left home at 6:30. Two days later Husband finally got ahold of Roy - Husband used a cell phone that didn't display his name so Roy, being nosy, called the number that showed up on his phone. I don't think he was expecting it to be Husband. So Roy said he didn't show up for work because he had another interview. Right. At 7:00 in the morning.) And Mason called yesterday and said he couldn't come to work today (today would have been his first day) because he got called back to work. But at least he called. So all that to explain why Husband wasn't in church with us yesterday. So Tigger. All the way home he was saying, "Hello, this is Tigger Jaj and I'm calling on the telescope. I was wondering if you could bring me a telephone so that I could look at the stars." And he could barely get it out because of all the giggles. And then he'd say, "Hey mom, you get it? I'm saying everything backwards!" All the way home.

A week ago Sunday night, at church, Tigger lost his shoe. Lost. his. shoe. Off of his foot. I'm still trying to figure that one out. And we still haven't found it yet. The boys and I were all looking for it in the area where he said it fell off, but nothing. I told the Secretary and she was going to ask the Custodian to keep an eye out for it. And I mentioned it to one other guy who happened to see us looking and he was going to keep an eye out for it as well too. But you know, I didn't look in any of the potted plants. I wouldn't put it past one of the kids who were there to hide it on Tigger. So it's just a really good thing we have an over-abundance of shoes over here at the Funny Farm.

I had to buy some more lights for the Christmas tree because we had a couple of strands that quit working. Did you know that you can only get the LED lights now? At least in our sleepy, little town. Which is fine, but they come in strands of 70 instead of 100. And I use 100 lights for every foot of tree. Which means my tree is looking a little sparse for lights by the time we get to the top. And there aren't any green lights on the LED strands. I miss the green. I also bought 4 nine-foot lighted garlands that I want to hange from the roof part of our front porch. Except I haven't been able to figure out how to secure it. Ideas???

So that's all for now. Tigger tried to tell me last night that he wasn't feeling well and he didn't think he'd be able to go to school today. Shaggy missed two days of school last week due to illness and Tigger didn't think it was very fair that Shaggy got to stay home and he didn't. Tigger is very much a Momma's Boy.

Oh, one other Tigger-ism and then I'll let you get back to work. This morning, Zoomer was ironing his shirt for school (I'm trying to train him to be more independant) and as I was making lunches (yes, I'm a slacker and didn't do them last night) I asked Zoomer if Tigger was getting dressed (Tigger and Shaggy get dressed in the living room so that I can keep an eye on them and help them if need be) and Zoomer said, "No, he's just sitting there being cute." So I said, "Tigger, stop being cute." And Tigger said in a very sad (put-on) voice, "You don't want me to be cute anymore?" And I said, "Just stop being cute long enough to get dressed and then you can be cute again."

Tiggers.

1 comment:

Roses said...

A wonderful thing is a tigger.
'Cause Tiggers are wonderful things.