Thursday, November 09, 2006

Blasted!

The annual chocolate-sale for school has started today. I hate the chocolate sale. As in hate it. Because the school wants all the children to sell at least 3 cases of chocolate. 3. Times 3 boys is 9. 9 cases of chocolate. Which we have to keep away from Shaggy. Who is walking a very thin line at the moment because for the past few nights, he's been sneaking downstairs and getting into his Harvest Party candy and eating it in bed. And hiding the evidence under his bed. I knew there was a reason why he was miserable. So if he's caught with any chocolate, he's done selling.

So today was supposed to be a very mild day. In the teens (celcius) mild. And it somewhat is and somewhat isn't. And the kids have gone out selling their chocolate this afternoon with Tigger dressed only in his spring coat. Tigger - the child who has no meat on his bones. So I called the school and as luck would have it, his group was going selling in the next town and they had to drive right by our house. So I asked if they could stop in and I'd give Tigger his warmer coat. So they did. And I bought 2 boxes of candy for their trouble. And now I'm eating mine. And I can feel it collecting on my hips. And I'm starting to get that chocolate headache from eating too much not-very-good chocolate. Hey, all chocolate is not-very-good after you've had chocolate from Europe. Sigh.

My box of chocolate's that Husband bought for me when he went to Europe last March: Doesn't it make your mouth water??? You have no idea how delectable it was!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of chocolate are they selling? If they are the type with the caramel in the middle we will be buying a few. I don't really like the chocolates with the maps so the chocolate you received from Europe isn't as tempting for me. I kind of think Shaggy is turning out a lot like his Uncle as far as Chocolate is concerned. I find wrappers hidden all over the house too!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I don't usually like chocolate with maps either, so I was extremely skeptical when I opened this box. But these chocolate literally just melt in your mouth and you absolutley cannot stop at one. Oh how I miss them.

We have 4 kinds we're selling - Mint Melt-aways, Caramel Whirls, Caramel Chocolate Bar (a knock-off of the Cad*bury Caramel Bar) and Chocolate covered Almonds. How many would you like???

Does Shaggy's uncle have tantrums when he has chocolate as well?

Anonymous said...

Well personally I would take all of them except for the mint ones. Not a big fan. But I will have to talk it over with AB and see how many he would like. It is too bad they sell right after Halloween and we are chocolated out.
And no, he doesn't have tantrums...in fact he is very happy when he is eating chocolate. Halloween is his favourite holiday and it is not because of the costumes.

Anonymous said...

Tee Hee. I like chocolate too. Small World huh? One time I thought my "imaginary" friend ate one of my chocolate bars, but when I looked in the mirror there was chocolate on my face so what do I know.

Roses said...

Argh!

Tell me about it! I still have scout chocolate bars from two years ago that they couldn't sell.
I almost tried to hand them out for Halloween, but I didn't want to get egged for it.

Thbbbt!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Hahahhaha! The chocolates we have are stale by spring. I found that out the hard way.