Friday, November 03, 2006

Busy Weekend

I'm almost embarrassed to tell you all this, but I'm pretty sure we'll be putting the Christmas tree up this weekend. I know - it's a little early. But last year we had Christmas photo cards made through Shutterfly, and this year I'd like to do the same thing. Except I thought it would be neat if I took the boys picture in front of the Christmas tree. Which means I have to do that sooner rather than later. Because if you order by November 7 (Tuesday) you get 20% off. But don't worry, I'm not going to go all out crazy just yet with the Christmas decorations. I don't think.

It's also our church's 74th Anniversary this weekend and Saturday night is our banquet. I've signed up to make a pie and a salad. Not really sure why I did that as I'm not really a professional pie maker, not really any kind of pie maker if the truth be told. But I was feeling guilty about not doing anything. So I think I'll do a pumpkin pie and then I won't have to worry about a top crust. My flute ensemble is scheduled to play - can't you just see little bits of food and pie spewing forth out of our flutes??? Gross.

So Husband and I were just arguing over the Christmas tree thing. Last night a board fell on my leg and now I'm pretty sure my bone is bruised. I didn't sleep very well last night and I'm not walking too well today, and it hurts just to have my pant leg brush up against my leg. So he's saying I'm broken and I can't put up a tree and decorate it. He's busy in the fields with harvest so he's unable to help me. You know the sad thing, in a weird, funny sort of way, this is our 15th Christmas together and he's never once helped decorate the tree. Our first Christmas together, he sat on the couch watching the hockey game and I decorated the tree, with the help of my brother...or was it AB...I'm not really sure who it was now that helped (I can't believe my memory is failing me). And Husband was telling us to move out of his way...we were standing in his way to bugg him. But now it's a joke in our house about Husband not helping.

So this post has ended kind of weird. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that was me. Ahhh Memories. Good Times ... Good Good Times. Yep.

Happy Christmas Tree!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I thought it was you, but back then you and Brother were never too far removed. Remember Husband's and mine First Month Anniversary? The four of us celebrated with pizza by candlelight. Good times.