Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A Blither of Miscellany

On Saturday, my helpers and I spent the morning making cookies:


A close-up of my helper:


Oooo, look at them all:


A weird shot of the finished product (notice the two missing? Husband):



I made 6 batches of the recipe and ended up with almost 10 dozen cookies. Good thing, because Muther actually invited 8 people and forgot about herself. So yesterday, I took all 8 dozen of my cookies for the exchange, just in case we were going to sample everybody's cookies right then and there. And everybody else brought 7 dozen, so Muther didn't get any cookies. I told her I'd share mine with her but she thought the other ladies would be bringing her an extra dozen. So the lesson is If you host a cookie exchange, don't forget to count yourself! The cookies I came home with look really tasty. AND, one lady doesn't like making cookies, so she made butter tarts. Her butter tarts are the best in the world (really) so I was super excited about that.

Tonight, Lola and another friend, Trixie, are coming over to help me with my Christmas gifts for my nursery workers. They came last Tuesday as well:




Arent' they purty?


We ran out of supplies last week, so yesterday, Trixie and Sylive (my sil) and I went and bought some more. Except the store we went to didn't have the same kinds of things we had been using, so Sylvie was trying to explain how we need to do it with these new supplies. And it made sense in the store, but now going over it in my head again, I'm lost. So I hope Trixie has a better memory than I.

My son is mad at me because I'm trying to teach him responsibility. And I feel bad for him, but sometimes you have to learn things the hard way. I am always telling him not to give me memos from school as he's leaving to go to school the next day. He needs to show them to me the day he gets them. So this morning he's giving me memos and his report card and I wouldn't look at any of it because I didn't have time. So he was upset that Husband and I read his brothers' report cards and not his. And he will be missing out on pizza this Wednesday because I didn't get the memo until this morning. Which means I have to make a lunch for him, but he needs to learn this lesson.

His teacher said to me a few weeks ago, It's too bad we can't just lock them in a cage and then let them out when they're human again. I like his teacher.

No comments: