Thursday, November 30, 2006

Today is a Better Day

All right, I've had my pity party. Sorry to put you through that emotional blubberish yesterday. I tell you, it's just a good thing I work at home by myself, because I was crying all day. Every few minutes a fresh batch of tears would come. But today I'm okay. Today is a new day. Even though I still really, really, really dislike homework.

So. The CCAA has changed their website and they've matched babies with families until September 8. Which is 5 days before our LID. And I'm oddly calm about the whole thing. I've been thinking about this, and if we were to have gotten our referral this month, can you imagine how crazy it would have been trying to pack and get everything organized and ready during the Christmas holidays? It's better this way. Plus, I've heard that everything will be closed in China from February 11 - 23 for Chinese New Year, which is February 18. So the people who are getting their referrals this month (Congratulations to you all!) probably won't be able to travel until after Chinese New Year. At least that's what one person's agency told her. So, another month we wait.

I feel like I'm living in a parrallel universe or something at the moment. All last week, I was on edge, my stomach was fluttery, and right now? Nothing. So unlike me.

So let's do a Countdown to Thumbelina - and since today is maybe probably 30 days away from her referral, let's do a Top Thirty Pet-Peeves:

1. When Molly chews my garbage
2. Thus getting little itty bitty bits of paper all over the floor under my desk
3. And then people walk in the office and wonder what's going on
4. Leaving with the impression that I never clean
5. Empty boxes in the cupboard
6. Empty milk jug in the fridge
7. Cupboard doors left open
8. Closet doors left open
9. Lightbulbs burning out after 3 months of use
10. Telemarketers
11. People on 4-wheelers who think that farmers fields are their own personal play space
12. Thus causing thousands of dollars of damage to the farmer's crops
13. By making trails through the corn
14. And the police are powerless to do anything about it
15. People who give unsolicited advice
16. Toys with batteries
17. The cost of batteries
18. Toys that break within 5 minutes of taking them out of their box
19. Paper cuts
20. Paper cuts from file folders
21. The cost of greeting cards
22. People who refuse to find the humor in situations
23. People who are constantly in a bad mood
24. People who have drastic mood swings
25. People who always have to be right
26. People who argue with you until you want to choke them
27. People who constantly complain (much like I'm doing right now)
28. The sound of the alarm clock in the morning
29. When the people at Tim's don't stir the sugar in my coffee
30. People who drive just under the speed limit

Well. That was pretty easy to come up with. I must have a lot of pent-up peeve issues. So please share your pet peeves, and tomorrow we'll do another Countdown to Thumbelina with 29 things. And please send your ideas of what we should countdown together.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really really think you could use some therapy. I say this because I was once exactly like you until I got help.

Good Luck and all.

Anonymous said...

I have one pet peeve. And his name is Melvin.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

You're not very well liked, are you Melvin.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the others - although you have some good points, you come across a little freakish.

Anonymous said...

JB - you're lucky you married so well

JAJ - THARE AH PEE ... Get some

AB - Thank you for the constructive criticism. You are a big help and I think I can learn a lot from you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Melvin. I believe we can learn something from everyone. With some people you just have to dig real deep to find it (I think you know who I'm talking about)

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Would you two like some privacy?

Anonymous said...

See what I have to live with? I deserve a pretty good Christmas present dontcha think?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Diamonds are a girl's best friend. That's not a cliche.

Dawn and Dale said...

Well...I WAS going to post here but all the other posters have kinda scared me a bit!!! lol ;)

Seriously...thanks for visiting my blog this morning!! Something happened after my post to put things into perspective BIG TIME for me....

I can't believe you missed cut off by 5 days!!! Well it's true, now you'll have an amazing Christmas present!!!

Where are you in "The great white North??" as far up as me???!!!

Dawn

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Sorry about that Dawn. Family you know. Family is like fudge - mostly sweet but with a few NUTS!