Friday, November 10, 2006

O Happy Day

So this morning, a trucking company called and said they were going to come and get a load of beans. Good. And then the guy asked me, Is Mr. Jaj your Dad? I think if we were face-to-face I would have hugged him. I said, No, he's my Husband. And the guy kind of embarrassedly chuckled as I said, I just have a young sounding voice. So I'm in a good mood and nothing can spoil it.

Not so much with Shaggy. He's off his sugar high. Oh boy. This morning, Zoomer was doing some work and was erasing something...Shaggy leaned in to see what he was doing and the pencil poked him in the face. Shaggy lost it and got so angry with Zoomer. And started shaking and growling and chasing him. I tried explaining to Shaggy that Zoomer didn't do anything wrong - he just got too close to the pencil as Zoomer was erasing, but you can't explain things to Shaggy when he's like that. And that, my friends, is why I limit, as much as humanly possible, the amount of sugar, additives and preservatives that enter Shaggy's body.

Anybody watch The Office last night? It's going to be interesting now with the new girl coming back to Scranton with Jim. You know what's really pathetic? Everytime I watch that show I feel like I've just wasted 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back, yet I can't stop watching it. Sad, isn't it.

6 comments:

Roses said...

Dang! I missed The Office again!

Anonymous said...

Can't you just keep Shaggy on the sugar high? That way you will not have to deal with the consequences when he comes off of it.
We watched The Office last night. Not my favourite episode although I am glad the offices are merging. I loved the part about Jim faxing Dwight "from the future"

Thumbelina's Mom said...

When Shaggy's on his sugar high, he can't concentrate and doesn't do well in school and he's bouncing off the walls. So, no.

I missed the first 10 minutes of The Office because I was on the phone with Lola, so you'll have to enlighten me on Jim's fax. I've gotta know now. I liked the end when Michael and Dwight were celebrating and Michael said, "We did it! We really did it. How did we do it? I don't understand."

Anonymous said...

You missed the best part! Basically, Jim would just go in early to work to fax Dwight messages from "future Dwight" to warn him about the future and freak him out.
By the way, I just want to apologize in advance about the Christmas present that I will be giving to Shaggy. I thought of him as soon as I saw it but I know that you will not be happy. But, hey, Christmas is all about forgiveness right?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Too bad I missed it - sounds funny! Sounds like something Melvin would do to himself.

So...what did you get him???

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Hope Shaggy is doing better off his sugar high. Withdrawl can be harddddd! Especially when it involves CHOCOLATE!!!! YUM!