Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Turkey Day...and other stuff

Happy Turkey Day to all those who are celebrating it today! And happy shopping tomorrow!!!

My van is back. I really don't know if the bird got out or not...I'll guess we'll find out in the next week or so...shudder. {{shudder}}

This morning the boys were all ready to eat breakfast, and I reminded them that they needed to say grace before they started. And of course they looked at me like I was crazy because we don't usually remember to say grace at breakfast, what with us being positively chirpy in the morning and all. That was sarcasm. Our goal is just to survive. So I said, Tigger, please say grace. He just kind of looked at me, bowed his head, and said very quietly, Grace. I know, I know, but I just wasn't expecting it.

Keep your fingers crossed - Husband is interviewing a potential employee right as I'm typing this. I have a good feeling about this guy. Maybe it's just hopeful desperation, but a good feeling nonetheless.

I've just finished eating the new breakfast sandwich from Tim's, and I must say it is really quite yummy. Have you tried it yet? No? You really must.

So The Office is on tonight. I'm enjoying the tension between Dwight and the new guy (can't remember his name). I lead such a pathetic life. Looking forward to a show that is nothing but a waste of time. Anyway. Have a good one.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hate to disappoint you but the Office is not on tonight. I starts again next week. I am more upset than you are though because I missed it last week because SOMEBODY (not mentioning any names) didn't tape it for me while I was away. But hey, at least YOU have a breakfast sandwich to make you feel better.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

WHAT?? No Office?? So that means CSI will be a re-run too! Oh bother.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I would love to try the new breakfast sandwich. I love to eat breakfast out, but let's face it- dragging four kids out of the house just to eat a sandwich? NOt a good idea. :-)

Anonymous said...

SOMEBODY attempted to tape it, but due to a technical difficulty, all that recorded was static. The way I figure, when the world hands you a lemon, you make lemonaid. So, here I am waiting.. for you ... to make me some lemonaid.

Anonymous said...

And yes, I know that it is spelled lemonade and not lemonaid... WHATEVER!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Feeling a little defensive, are we?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would love to have some lemonade while watching The Office!!!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Are you talking to me or AB?

Anonymous said...

JAJ - Why don't you just stay out of it! Mind your own business.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Aren't you forgetting something? This is my blog. Last time I checked anyway...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to put you in the middle of this jaj. I am just saying, aren't guys (especicially guys of the technical nature) supposed to know how to tape shows?

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that - it's just that JB makes me soooo angry sometimes.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I think maybe the people at fault would be the engineers who designed said taping devices. Don'tcha think? (And if you happen to be an engineer and you didn't design said taping device, there's no need for you to get your knickers in a knot.) I just know that Husband mutters a lot under his breath about engineers...mostly pig barn engineers...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm it sounds like you have some anger issues. All I can say is dont keep it bottled up. You should relax and maybe take deep breaths and oh ya, lots of drugs.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Are you talking to AB or JB?

Anonymous said...

JAJ - I cant help you until you realize that you really do have a problem.

My therapist says to just be a friend and reminds me that friends dont stalk friends. Anyhoo - me and her talk about you quite a bit.

Anonymous said...

Melvin - you're one freaky dude, but you make a great deal of sense. Do you like lemonade?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

You "both" really frighten me.