Friday, August 04, 2006

Parade of Homes

Shannon had a great idea to have a Blogger-Type Parade of Homes and I thought it would be fun to participate.

Welcome to the Funny Farm!
This is the view you get coming into our driveway. The 3-story chicken barn is behind our house.


The Front Door
Seven years ago we put this addition on to our house - it was only 6'x20' but it gave our home character. Our main entry before this addition was at the back of the house, so it was kind of boring to look at. Plus the house was surrounded by trees and a lot of people didn't even know there was a house - they just presumed it was a farm building. One neighbour said It actually looks like a house now.


The Foyer
Why yes, that is a box spring and mattress sitting in my entry way. It is waiting to be taken upstairs to the boys' room and put together...waiting...patiently waiting...


My View From My Front Door
A corn field...and Buddy's doghouse.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit!

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow, what a great place you have. I love your view and the dog house sitting there, too. I'd love to see the inside of that chicken house!

J said...

Looks great Judy, you have so much space...being in the city and having a 30x110 property, I envy your space!!

Julie

Shannon said...

Wow- that must be a great place to live- so much space! I love your front door & bench!

Stephanie said...

Your home (and surrounding outdoor space) is beautiful!

Jacquie said...

Your place looks so calm and peaceful. And nice and quiet! :)

Jo Jo said...

hey another fellow canadian, greetings :) i found your page via ragus pugs page :) i agree with you on that damm storm we had, wicked huh? and the heat? thank goodness its broken now, for now, i hope :)

Mrs_Who said...

Thanks for 'sharing' your home...what a beautiful place to live.

Mika said...

So pretty! What a fun site to come home too. I love your porch, I want to add something like that to my home too.

Richmond said...

Lovely! What a beautiful house you have...