Monday, August 28, 2006

53 is the New Black

Or something like that. 53. It's a magic number. It's the number of days standing in between me and my referral. That's a collective me, meaning the whole fam. So congratulations to all those who did receive referrals this month - so very exciting and Double Congratulations to Rod & MaryMia on the referral of their twins! Go check them out - they are so cute.

Other than that, not a lot happening here. CJ is safely home from camp. He was too tired over the weekend to be crabby from his sugar high, which is a good thing, because today he's just crabby - not sugar-crabby. There's a big difference. Trust me on that.

Are you a guilty person by nature? (That was a 360 turn, wasn't it; hand on to your hats) I am even though I try not to be. On Saturday we got a phone call from the K-man at church ~ AJ had won a boat ride from VBS and the K-man was trying to organize it for that afternoon. Fine. He also asked if we had any life jackets. We're not boating people (well, not me anyway - outdoorsy to me is walking from the parking lot to the mall) but we do have a small-person life jacket from many years ago from that one time we did actually rough it up north in a cottage. You needed to take a boat from the parking area across the lake to the cottage. No phones, but we did have electricity and an indoor 'commode' of sorts - environmentally friendly. It seems like another lifetime ago. Anyhoo back to the story at hand of guilt. I informed the K-man that we indeed had a small life jacket and he asked if they could borrow it and if AJ would be fine in an adult life jacket. No problems on our end. So off I go in search of said little life jacket, only it wasn't where it was a week ago. I think my neighbours borrowed it and they weren't home for me to ask them where it was. We get along well with our neighbours. So I called the church back to talk the K-man but he isn't there anymore. So I called his house. I don't like bothering him at home, but I was feeling really bad that we didn't have after we said we did have it. Except there's no answer. So now I'm feeling extremely guilty and AJ and I go off and search everywhere there is to search. We did find 5 adult-sized life jackets - I don't think they're ours - I have no idea where they came from - but I had promised a little life jacket, so I didn't think these would do. Ridden with guilt about not being able to find the life jacket, and feeling guilty that I couldn't get ahold of the K-man to tell him, and feeling more guilty for feeling guilty in the first place when it really wasn't my fault and why did the K-man leave it 'til the last minute, I decided to place computer games until he arrived to pick up AJ. So when he did come, I went out to the van and told him I couldn't find it, that I think the neighbours borrowed it, and that I had tried to call him to tell him. He said, No problem, we don't really need it anymore anyway. Aaughhhhh! I wasted all that guilt for nothing. And I don't know why I worry so much about other people but I do. So please tell me I'm not an anomoly and you do it too. Even if you don't, just tell me you do.

2 comments:

M3 said...

Twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still completely in shock.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Twins!!!!! Awesome!!!!!