Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's Crazy! Insane Even!

Our life. It has come down to literal craziness. I haven't really blogged about this before because I don't know how people will react - we are farmers and have chickens and pigs. There... I said it. Housed animals. And we eat them. And we enjoy eating them. I feel so much better coming out of the closet like that. So our pig barn is being expanded, actually quadrupled in it's current size - it's a madhouse over there. Some worker guy just called me looking for Husband and I told him that he was there already...then the guy said Oh I see his truck and then I patched his call through to Husband's cell phone. Imagine having a barn so large that you can't find the person you're looking for and you need to call him on his cell phone to find out where he is. A Barn. We are getting pigs in 2 weeks so there are swarms of worker guys there working. No wonder we haven't slept in months. I was talking to our banker earlier today and getting updated on all the happenings of the farm...I've been seeing Husband for about 10 minutes each day. Normal for most people but not really normal when we actually work together in the same office.

And it's hot. So hot that the mice have moved indoors. I usually expect to see evidence of mice in the fall when it starts to get cooler out, not in the middle of summer, but evidence I have seen. On my pots and pans. I washed them all last night (I want to Javex them but I don't know if that's safe for humans eating food that's been cooked on Javexed pots and pans) and I've still yet to find a decent mousetrap and clean underneath the pots and pans drawer. I did have a trap in the drawer because I've seen evidence in there in the past but now I'll put one under the drawer. I threw out the old trap because the stinking mice have been chewing CHEWING on the mousetrap. They are mocking me. Last night the phone rang and the number that came up was our own residence - strange - when I answered, it was just a dial tone. Half hour later the same thing - we were calling ourselves again! Except this time I got hung up on. And the boys were in bed asleep. I thought it must be the mice again playing with my mind but it was the chickens calling because the barn was too hot.

And Husband is too busy to talk to me and that is starting to annoy me because I have important stuff to say. I should probably just talk to him via my blog.

No comments: