Tuesday, August 22, 2006

How Do You Know If You're Blogging Too Much?

Maybe if you're blogging in your sleep? This morning I was trying to think of something clever to blog about - I want to keep the both of yous entertained (I have a long ways to go, I know) and I was thinking to myself I could blog about seeing those two dead ladybugs and how referrals usually follow a ladybug sighting...but then I realized that it was all a dream. A DREAM. In my sleep I even had something funny to say but of course now I can't remember it. D'OH!

So referrals. There are 63 days of files that the CCAA has to match before ours...actually 62 because the 63 includes September 13. There is one teeny tiny rumor out there that says possibly the referrals this month might include some of August. And lately Husband has been asking me what the rumors are and if referrals are out yet. He's never asked before - just listened. So I'm still holding out hope that we will have Thumbelina home for Christmas...although realistically...ack let's just throw reality out the window and live in Jaj-land for awhile. It's funner there. We throw proper grammar out the window in Jaj-land too. For today, I will look at the world through my rose-coloured glasses.

Speaking of glasses (nice seguay, huh - anybody know how to spell seguay? Did I spell it right? See? Grammar out the window!), we finally have a new pair for CJ. AND he's keeping them on! Except this week while he's away at camp, the glasses are safely at home. His glasses have the transition lenses in them so they turn into sunglasses when he goes out in the sun. He loves them. I'm happy as long as wears them. I've switched eye doctors with him because our old one didn't have patience for him. I want to say with kids in general, but some of my friends have him for their kids and think he's great. When a doctor of any kind gets red in the face and has a hard time controlling his frustrations at a child, it upsets me, especially when it's my child. And then I look for a new doctor. Plus, he lost his patience with me as well so I was starting to see a pattern. A few years ago I tried out contact lenses. Because AJ told me I looked prettier without my glasses. He wasn't being flip, just told me what he thought. But I have astigmatism so we were having a hard time finding lenses to fit the shape of my eye. And at my last visit with him he had no patience left, the redness was starting to come back to his face and he said Well I don't know what else to do! Either you wear these or wear your glasses! So no thank you Mr. No Patience Eye Doctor Guy. I don't need you making me feel bad about myself or bad about wasting your time. I'm switching the whole family over because the new eye doctor had CJ's file faxed over to her office and it would just be too awkward going back to the old place.

Well that was more info than you wanted I'm sure. So here's to dead ladybugs and transition lenses! Have yourselves a great day filled with rainbows and Joe Louis. Hah - you thought I was going to say candy floss or butterflies...

No comments: